Border patrol jobs in Morgan, Montana, involve protecting and securing America’s borders from criminal elements and illegal immigration. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), which became a part of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security following the terror attacks of September 11, 2001, is the government’s largest law enforcement workforce, protecting all ports of entry into the United States. Although Border Patrol jobs at the Morgan, Montana, generally do not involve the same level of activity as those in the southern part of the country, these jobs are nonetheless critical to our nation’s security.
- Grand Canyon University - B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management and M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- SNHU - A.S. in Criminal Justice, B.S. in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security & Counterterrorism, and M.S. in Criminal Justice - Advanced Counterterrorism
- Strayer University - Bachelors of Science Degree in Criminal Justice
- Michigan State University - Online Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Saint Joseph's University - Online Master of Science in Criminal Justice
The Morgan, Montana, Border Crossing is a branch of the Havre Border Patrol Sector, which oversees more than 450 miles of international border throughout Montana, Colorado, Wyoming, and portions of Idaho. The Havre Sector employed 213 Border Patrol professionals as of FY2011. These CBP professionals were responsible for 270 apprehensions during that time.
Border Patrol Careers in Morgan, Montana
Border Patrol requirements are stringent, as the CBP requires well-qualified candidates who can use their skills to prevent terrorists, terrorist weapons, illegal aliens, narcotics, and contraband from entering the United States.
The CBP jobs likely found at the Morgan, Montana Border Crossing are Border Patrol Agents and CBP Officers. Both of these positions require a key set of qualifications. In particular, the CBP is looking for candidates who meet the following requirements:
- U.S. citizen
- U.S. residency for at least 3 years
- Valid U.S. driver’s license
- Fluent in Spanish or able to learn the Spanish language
Candidates for Border Patrol jobs must be under the age of 40, unless they qualify for Veteran’s Preference status or have previous federal law enforcement experience. All candidates for Border Patrol jobs must also pass a thorough background examination, medical examination, fitness test, and drug test to qualify for employment with the CBP. Further, Border Patrol agents must also complete a 58-day paid Basic Academy training course through the U.S. Border Patrol Academy in Artesian, NM.
Morgan, Montana, Port of Entry
The Morgan, Montana, Port of Entry is open seven days a week from 8:00AM to 9:00PM from June through September and 9:00AM-6:00PM throughout the rest of the year. Ports of Entry are places at which CBP officers can accept entries of merchandise, collect duties, and enforce all customs and navigation laws.
The Morgan, Montana, Port of Entry is part of the Seattle Field Operations Office.