Border Patrol jobs in Fortuna, North Dakota, are part of U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), the law enforcement arm of the Department of Homeland Security. It is quite commonplace to find CBP officers at the Fortuna border crossing, as well as Border Patrol Agents working the area between Fortuna, North Dakota, and Oungre, Saskatchewan.
- Grand Canyon University - B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management and M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- SNHU - A.S. in Criminal Justice, B.S. in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security & Counterterrorism, and M.S. in Criminal Justice - Advanced Counterterrorism
- Strayer University - Bachelors of Science Degree in Criminal Justice
- Michigan State University - Online Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Saint Joseph's University - Online Master of Science in Criminal Justice
Border Patrol Agents have the important responsibility of handling line watch, which may include:
- Maintaining surveillance
- Following up leads
- Monitoring sensor television systems and aircraft sightings
- Interpreting and following tracks
These professionals handle farm and ranch check, traffic check, traffic observation, city patrol, intelligence, and anti-smuggling activities.
Other CBP jobs that may be available at the Fortuna, North Dakota, border crossing include:
- Field Canine Coordinator
- Air Interdiction Agent
Border Patrol Job Requirements in Fortuna
The CBP requires both Border Patrol and CBP Officer candidates to:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Hold a valid U.S. driver’s license
- Be under the age of 40 (Border Patrol Agents) or under the age of 37 (CBP Officers)
- Pass a drug test, a physical fitness test, and a medical examination
- Pass a background check and credit check
- Pass a polygraph test
- Have no domestic violence convictions
Fortuna Port of Entry
The Fortuna, North Dakota, Port of Entry is part of the Grand Forks Border Patrol Sector, which had 213 Border Patrol jobs during FY2010 and FY2011. This Border Patrol Sector, which also provides law enforcement support to the entire state of North Dakota, as well as Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, South Dakota, Kansas, Nebraska, and Missouri, was responsible for 468 illegal apprehensions in FY2011.
The Fortuna Port of Entry is open 9:00AM to 6:00PM, seven days a week. Services at this port of entry are provided by the Pembina Station. The Fortuna Port of Entry is overseen by the Seattle Field Operations office.
About Fortuna, North Dakota
Fortuna is a small city in Divide County, North Dakota. This city, as of the 2010 census, had a population of just 22. This city is located about 200 miles northwest of Bismarck, North Dakota and about 565 miles northwest of Minneapolis, Minnesota.
The Fortuna, North Dakota, Border Crossing shares a border with the hamlet of Oungre in the Saskatchewan province of Canada. Like the city of Fortuna, Oungre is a very small hamlet, posting a population of just 15 in the 2006 census.