Border Patrol jobs in Murrieta, California are held by agents and officers responsible for patrolling more than 3,300 square miles of land, two checkpoints (one on Interstate 15 and one on Highway 79), as well as a number of mobile checkpoints.
- Grand Canyon University - B.S. in Homeland Security and Emergency Management and M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- SNHU - A.S. in Criminal Justice, B.S. in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security & Counterterrorism, and M.S. in Criminal Justice - Advanced Counterterrorism
- Strayer University - Bachelors of Science Degree in Criminal Justice
- Michigan State University - Online Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Saint Joseph's University - Online Master of Science in Criminal Justice
Border Patrol Careers at the Murrieta Station
On January 22, 2013, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Border Patrol Agents at the Murrieta, California, Border Patrol Station apprehended a Mexican national who possessed semi-automatic weapons.
The Border Patrol professionals in Murrieta, California, are a vital part of the overall mission of the San Diego Border Patrol Sector, which, as of FY2011, was responsible for 2,269 Border Patrol jobs.
The San Diego Border Patrol Sector includes a number of units that allow the Border Patrol professionals here to focus their skills and best achieve success in apprehending and deterring aliens and individuals with illegal narcotics and other contraband from illegally entering the country. Among these are jobs that have specialized border patrol training requirements:
- Border Patrol Search, Trauma and Rescue (BORSTAR) team
- Horse Patrol
- Mobile Response team
- Marine Interdiction Unit
- Smuggling Interdiction Group (SIG)
- Air Mobile Unit/Air Mobile Response Team
As such, Border Patrol jobs in Murrieta, California, include both CBP Officers, who are assigned to the Station’s two permanent checkpoints and its countless mobile checkpoints, and Border Patrol Agents, who are tasked with patrolling the 3,300 square miles of terrain within the Murrieta Border Patrol Station.
Other CBP professionals employed at the Murrieta Border include:
- Air Interdiction Agents
- Canine Field Supervisors
- Contract Specialists
- Intelligence Specialists
About the San Diego Border Patrol Sector
In addition to the Murrieta Border Patrol Station, the Stations of the San Diego Border Patrol Sector include:
- Brown Field Station
- Boulevard Station
- Campo Station
- Chula Vista Station
- Imperial Beach Station
- El Cajon Station
- San Clemente Station