The Yuma, Arizona Border Patrol Sector has experienced a great deal of activity over the past year, thereby highlighting the need for qualified U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) professionals to fill jobs in a number of professional capacities.
- Strayer University - Bachelors of Science Degree in Criminal Justice
- Michigan State University - Online Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Saint Joseph's University - Online Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Capella University offers 100% online criminal justice degree programs and is proud to be partnered with the FBI National Academy Associates (FBINAA).
Just some of the recent drug-related crimes to be interrupted by Border Patrol Agents out of the Yuma Sector includes:
- February 1, 2012: Border Patrol agents in the Yuma Sector seized an abandoned go-kart with 217 pounds of marijuana.
- February 6, 2012: U.S. Border Patrol agents in the Yuma Sector seized more than $229,000 worth of marijuana.
- February 10, 2012: U.S. Border Patrol agents in the Yuma Sector seized 70 pounds of cocaine and nearly half a ton of marijuana, valued at more than $1.25 million.
- June 13, 2012: U.S. Border Patrol agents in the Yuma sector sized 3 pounds of methamphetamine and more than 350 pounds of marijuana.
There were 969 U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) jobs in the Yuma, Arizona Sector in FY2011. Border Patrol professionals in the Yuma, Arizona Sector were responsible for 5,833 apprehensions and the seizure of more than 31,000 pounds of marijuana and more than 257 pounds of cocaine in FY2011 alone.
Border Patrol Careers in the Yuma, Arizona Border Patrol Sector
Because the Yuma Sector spans nearly 182,000 square miles, most of which is desert terrain, as well as 126 miles of United States Border that covers mountain ranges, desert, and the Colorado River, CBP professionals may include the following careers:
- Air Interdiction Agents
- Border Patrol Agents
- CBP Officers
- Contract Specialists
- Intelligence Research Specialist
Although each of the above CBP jobs demands a set of specific education and experience requirements, the core set of requirements is generally the same, as CBP careers are under the umbrella of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. CBP jobs require professionals who must:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Meet specific U.S. residency requirements
- Hold a valid U.S. driver’s license
- Pass a background, credit and criminal check
- Pass a fitness test
Debts and financial issues, past or present arrests, and drug or domestic violence convictions may all prevent a candidate from acquiring a career with the CBP.
Yuma, Arizona Border Patrol Sector
The Yuma Sector is responsible for the counties of Yuma, La Paz and Mojave in Arizona, as well as the easternmost California counties of Riverside, San Bernardino, and Imperial, and Nevada in its entirety. The Yuma Sector is responsible for the following Border Patrol Stations:
- Blythe Station
- Wellton Station
- Yuma Station