What can you express in 100-200 words?
Where do you see a career as a border patrol agent taking you? … Who or what inspired you to want to become a border patrol agent? … What do you think you will bring to the field of border protection?
Channel the inspiration that led you to want to become a border patrol agent and pen a short essay to clearly and creatively express your passion for border protection.
BorderPatrolEDU.org has launched our first, annual essay contest. There will be four winners, each receiving a $500 scholarship to help make earning a degree related to customs and border protection just a little bit easier.
The topic of your essay is up to you. You’re free to add a video and a picture or two. Just be sure your essay is accurate, truthful, and inspired.
Our editor-in-chief will review all essays and choose winners based on grammar, creativity, and originality.
So, what are you waiting for? Your 100 to 200 words may very well bring in some much-needed scholarship money!
Please Fill Out the Following Information
What we’re looking for…
- What to Write: A personal essay detailing your experiences, aspirations or thoughts on becoming a border patrol agent
- What to Remember: The essay should be at least 100 words and no longer than 200 words
- What You Can Include: Pictures, audio clips and videos can be included along with your essay
- How We Judge: Creativity, expression, originality, spelling, grammar, accuracy, and candor are all points that will be considered
- The Result: Four winners each receive a $500 scholarship ($2,000 total scholarship money available)
What we’re giving away…
We’re eager to award four winners each with a $500 scholarship ($2,000 total) in the coming year. We’ve staggered the essay contest deadlines to meet your busy schedule. Deadlines to get your essay in are as follows:
- First Scholarship: December 31, 2015 (funds distributed by January 30, 2016)
- Second Scholarship: March 31, 2016 (funds distributed by April 30, 2016)
- Third Scholarship: June 30, 2016 (funds distributed by July 30, 2016)
- Fourth Scholarship: September 30, 2016 (funds distributed by October 30, 2016)
What we require…
To qualify to enter the BorderPatrolEDU.org essay contest, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old (at the time of disbursement)
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be enrolled in a criminal justice program
How to spend the money…
We place no restrictions on how you spend your scholarship money. Put it towards tuition, books, a new computer—the choice is yours!
We take your privacy seriously. You never have to worry about us sharing any of your information with third party websites or companies.